Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WE ARE GOING TO THE ZOO!!

MY SCHOOL WON A FREE TRIP TO THE ZOO!! 
In November, we got a letter from the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo that we could do a Read Around the World program.  Our kids were to write down every book they read and the school that read the most would win a FREE trip to the zoo for the whole school!  We worked hard and wrote every book down.  We do Daily 5 at our school so the kids would count every book during Read to Self.  Teachers counted every book they read and everyone got involved.  Every week we showed our total during community. The numbers grew from 2,000 then 6,534 and at the end we were at 32, 543 books!!  YES 200 kids read that many books!  WOW!  The zoo called with the exciting news.  Our principal came in and told me at 2:30 the day before community.  I got to tell every the next morning!  It was so fun!  I kept telling them "I have a secret"  Then I would say "Do you want to know?" of course, everyone yells yes.  But I just said "Not yet." After doing that five times I had to tell them.  There was yelling involved.  They went crazy.  It was so fun to see their faces.  I think some of the teachers were as excited as the kids.  Let's just say there was crying involved.  Well, we are going on April 30th.  The weather should be nicer by then.  I can't wait!  If you haven't been to the Omaha Zoo it is ranked as the second best place to take your family in the country. We are so lucky to have an awesome zoo so close.  If you are ever in the area check it out!  It's AWESOME! I can't wait to go! 

 

1 comment: